Revision Strategies and Skills
This page contains resources created and collated by us to help you with the key areas of revision in the weeks coming up to your exams:
1) Effective Revision Skills
2) Note-Taking Skills
3) Essay Writing Skills
4) Learning Quotes
6) Revision Strategies Booklet
Please note, due to the volume of revision materials on offer for each subject, we are unable to provide access to every resource via this website.
|Any students wishing to access revision materials outside school (other than the guides below) should use our Remote Access facility. Once logged on, all exam resources can be found on the 'Federation Student (M)' drive, in the 'Exam' folder.|
Please also remember that what really matters at this time of year is that you don’t rev in neutral: if you need help, guidance or advice about how to plan / how to revise / mindfulness – please let us know as soon as possible. We are happy to help individuals or even to deliver some group sessions to help support your achievement. Please do come and talk to us: no issue or problem is too small.
The good news is that experts agree that the right preparation can improve your results by two grades. There are many ways to review work, and hard work, planning and starting early will maximise your chances of getting the best grades you can.
Here are our top tips:
- Make a solid revision plan - those who have a working style based on breaking down tasks into small, manageable parts end up with better grades.
- Revision should never simply be seen as soaking up knowledge. You should try to get involved in what they are studying - preferably by trying to ensure you have clear and effective notes on the topics you are revising.
- Writing out plans for exam answers and doing full timed exam questions are also really important. Don’t just write essay plans – you need to do the whole question.
- Work with your teachers to ensure you have detailed knowledge and understanding of the mark scheme.
- Use model answers to help to show exactly what the difference is between an A*and a C grade: they also show you just how much knowledge and understanding of the topic and the question you need to get the top grade.
It is only through dedication, organisation, motivation and most of all hard work will you get the success that you want and deserve.