Teacher Assessed Grades
Policy and Quality Assurance
The Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) has required all schools to complete and share a Centre Policy which outlines the Teacher Assessed Grades (TAGs) process for Summer 2021. Please click here to access the Bramcote College Centre Policy.
Our Centre Policy includes details about the following key considerations:
- Assessment methods and resources used
- Marking using exam board mark schemes and grade descriptors to ensure they are reflective of exam board standards
- Moderation and standardisation of marks to ensure we have confidence in recorded marks
- Ensuring that assessment and marking reflects access arrangements
- Avoiding unconscious bias to ensure equality of marking
- Our quality assurance process
- Our data checking process
- JCQ timescales we will be working to
- Results days
- Grounds and process for appeals
A recording of our Parents' Forum presentation regarding Quality Assurance and TAGs is available below, and our Context and Process and Summary information is also availble to download.