Local Governing Body of Bramcote College
The Department for Education describes the focus that governing bodies in all types of school should have on three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring Clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the schools and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure money is well spent.
The White Hills Park Trust Scheme of Delegation sets out in more detail what the LGB can and cannot do.
We support the school leadership’s aspirations for:
- Students - To Work hard, Be Well and Do Well and enjoy enrichment activities – Bring your best self to College!
- Staff - To Provide Excellent Teaching and Support Services, Engage in Professional Development and Be Well.
- Parents/Carers - To Regularly and Actively support your child and the College so your child achieves their potential.
We would love and expect to see as many of you as possible at future parents’ forums but please don’t hesitate to contact us in the meantime, whether you have a question about something we do, or if you would like more information on becoming involved.
Members of 22nd May 2020
Cathy Peacock (Chair)
Graham Perry-Slack (Vice Chair)
Alison Pascual (Staff)
We also produce a termly LGB Newsletter, sent to parents to keep them updated on the work we do and activities we are involved in. These are available to download below.